Fish

Fish
My babies - last of the Mohiccans

Friday, January 20, 2017

A New Day

day

the earth is flat
from where I am
although
I stretch my vision
further
over the distant horizon
and see
its awesome curves
enveloping me
in a hug
and
upon it I see creatures
great and small
dancing
their daily jig
in fits and starts
tumbling
over one another
making ends meet
racing
​bombing​
​destroying
occupying lands
​, and​
struggling
​,​
 in
boats
ghettos
slums
squalor
and hopelessness
while others
count their cash
dont pay taxes
seek opportunities
to make that extra
buck
deal
transaction
and some 
look for work
feed the baby
water plants
go to school
​mop floors​
​cook food​
​do the laundry​
while
cars roar
planes fly
ships sail
another new day
just dawned 
in 
​a ​
paradise
​called earth​

No comments:

Post a Comment