Fish

Fish
My babies - last of the Mohiccans

Thursday, September 20, 2012

ABDULLAH


Happy 12th Birthday, Abdullah, my Wonderful, one and only, Grandson

Each and every morning, I am going to smile when I see your face, and laugh when I feel like crying.

Each and every morning, I will let you choose what you want to wear, and smile, and say how perfect you are.

Each and every morning, I will wait while you tie your shoelaces and get dressed for the day, without complaining.

Each and every morning, I am going to wish you goodbye as you get off the car and cross the street to get to school.

Each and every afternoon, I will unplug the telephone and shut my office computer down, so that I can call you home to see if you are back and doing alright.

Each and every afternoon, I will think about what a wonderful and successful man you will grow up to be, someday in the future.

Each and every afternoon, I won't worry about how you are going to complete your homework cos I know you will have it done it before nightfall.

Each and every evening, I will hold you in my arms and tell you a story about how you were born, how we raised you, and how much I love you.

Each and every evening, I will spend my time chatting beside you for hours, and miss my favorite news TV programs.

Each and every evening when I run my fingers through your hair, I will simply be grateful that God has given me the greatest gift that I have ever wanted.

Each and every weekend, I will let you splash in the bathtub and let the floor get wet and still not get angry.

Each and every weekend, I will take you to your favorite restaurant and let you have your favorite fried rice, shrimps, crabs or lobsters to your hearts desire.

And when I kiss you goodnight I will hold you a little tighter, a little longer. It is then, that I will thank God for you, and ask him for nothing, except just one more day with you, for me… just one more day

Big DadRiyadh March 25, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment